7818 – ‘Granville Manor' GWR 7800
- GWR - Great Western Railway - Plain Green with G-Crest-W on Tender
- Original Chimney
- Riveted Tender Body
- Narrow hornplates
- Etched metal pre-painted name and numberplates
- High-fidelity dummy screw couplings
- Fully sprung metal buffers and factory-installed pipework
- Etched metal/plastic and lost wax detail parts, incl. grab handles, steps, drain cocks, etc
- Very high-quality 3-pole motor with flywheel
- DCC decoder socket in tender
- NEXT 18 DCC Socket
- DCC Sound locomotives have speaker mounted in smokebox and speaker in tender
- Flickering firebox light (synchronised with sound on DCC installed models)
- Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale top speed of 90 mph (145 km/h)
- OO Scale
Locomotive information and history:
Arguably one of the most attractive locomotives to emerge from Swindon Works, the Great Western Railway 78xx Manor class was the final 4-6-0 design to emerge during the Collett era. Introduced in 1938, the Manors were go-anywhere replacement for the 43xx Mogul and other older 4-4-0s and even re-used some components from withdrawn locomotives. With a new boiler design (Standard No.14) they were over 5 tons lighter than a Grange and nearly 13 tons lighter than a Hall with accompanying tender and their maximum 17t 5cwt axleload brought them nicely under the GWR’s ‘blue’ classification allowing them to be used on important weight restricted routes across the network.
In stock items are usually despatched within 1-2 working days of ordering.
All returns must be received by us within 14 days of the date you received your order, please allow at least four days for postage. You will be required to cover the shipping and they must be returned via a traceable method – such as Royal Mail Signed For. We cannot accept responsibility for returned items until they are signed for by us.